The e-learning course
The e-learning course is divided into six modules and covers different aspects of Early Recovery in humanitarian action. The course is meant to be used as an online learning experience as well as a pre-requisite for face-to-face trainings. At the end of the course, you can take an online test and download a certificate of completion.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Early Recovery
- Module 2 – The Humanitarian Programme Cycle
- Module 3 – Cluster Coordination
- Module 4 – Implementing Early Recovery
- Module 5 – Early Recovery Programming
- Module 6 – Monitoring and Evaluation
- E-learning Test
The course aims to:
- Provide an overview of the key aspects of Early Recovery, its implementation and integration into humanitarian response.
- Explore topics of general interest such as the humanitarian assistance framework, the Humanitarian Programme Cycle, cluster coordination mechanisms, and monitoring and evaluation of early recovery.
The target audience of the course is the agencies, NGOs and Government counterparts engaged in humanitarian response, Humanitarian and Resident Coordinators, Humanitarian Country Teams and United Nations Country Teams, cluster partners, Early Recovery Advisors and Cluster Coordinators; national organizations; development actors, member states and donors; the private sector and Academia.
The learning experience
In order to make the individual learning path flexible, EACH MODULE PROVIDES A COMPLETE AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND IS STRUCTURED AROUND TWO MAIN LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE. You may choose to follow the learning sequence as displayed on the webpage or design an individual learning path on the basis of your previous knowledge or personal learning needs. You may structure your learning experience around the basic information provided or deepen your knowledge through the additional learning resources suggested in each interactive lesson. Each module may require from 30 min to several learning hours so you might need to access each interactive lesson several times.
THE INTERACTIVE LESSONS PROVIDE A MULTIMEDIA LEARNING EXPERIENCE, which consists of text, audio, video, photos and additional educational resources.
THE E-LEARNING MODULES MAY BE EASILY NAVIDATED. You can find navigation instructions and useful learning resources at the beginning of each module.